| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gray_Ghost, mvigo, TS3600, joe apple, 55shaker, JW51, PAUL Berardi),
105
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,329 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 139 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 139 | been offered a 4 cyl Perkins (no turbo) for a pretty good price. They say it runs great and is a really sound engine. I've known the owner for years, it's a good one if he says so. Might make a good power plant for the 41. Anyone have any experence with these engines? I have some, but not in an automotive application. The question is how it would be for power, say compared to GMs 6.2 litre. The 6.2 has maybe 60 CID over the Perkins, I think, not sure. But the Perkins might have as much, or maybe even more torque. The 6.2 is not bad when it's got some RPMs, down low it's a dog. Mike | | | |
Entire Thread
|
just what I need, another diesel
| slomoe | 10/13/2002 8:41 AM |
Re: just what I need, another diesel
| GLPerry | 10/15/2002 8:13 PM |
Re: just what I need, another diesel
| 4ontheFloor | 10/15/2002 11:44 PM |
Re: just what I need, another diesel
| slomoe | 10/16/2002 3:05 AM |
Re: just what I need, another diesel
| slomoe | 10/16/2002 5:26 AM |
Re: just what I need, another diesel
| Alexandre Garcia | 10/16/2002 6:57 PM |
Re: just what I need, another diesel
| slomoe | 10/17/2002 7:27 AM |
Re: just what I need, another diesel
| Alexandre Garcia | 10/17/2002 1:44 PM |
Re: just what I need, another diesel
| slomoe | 10/17/2002 11:41 PM |
Re: just what I need, another diesel
| Alexandre Garcia | 10/18/2002 1:21 PM | |
| |
| |