I have two Advance Design Chevies and have been searching for original door panel frames for quite awhile. They are hard to come by, especially the driver's side. Working trucks with window open, rain soaking the cardboard panel leads to rust, particularly along the lower edge.
The reproductions at first glance look similar but when compared side by side with an original there is quite a difference. The gap that accepts the cardboard panel is narrower in the repops, making it difficult to insert the panel. I tried seat vinyl adhesed to a cardboard panel and they would not stay in that groove or gap. The originals have a bend towards the top front and top rear, to follow the contour of the door. The repops don't have this. I was able to get an original right hand panel frame off of Ebay. Later I bid on "OEM" frames that turned out to be painted repops. I don't think the seller even knew the difference. One repop I ordered from one of our vendors was 3/8" too short at the front lower corner, not even close.
My advice is try to find a repairable original, until someone makes better ones.
You say you have one original. Which side do you need?
I like your comment about sitting in the truck and absorbing the moment. I know the feeling.
Kent