On the other hand, true story.. I was 20 stationed in Biloxi and my new wife was in Albuquerque.. 1200 miles away. I was granted Christmas leave for 2 weeks. All I had was my 1954 3100 that I got running, but from a farmers field with weeds growing up thru the floorboards. Very very iffy indeed. But, HAD to go see my wife!

Got as far as 50 miles west of San Antonio on a Sunday when the points broke and I coasted into a gas station and changed out the points. Not another single incident along the way at about 60 mph the entire way.

When I got there, the transmission was shot so I left it there and flew back. 4 months later I was assigned there so I got my precious truck back in order.

These trucks can be amazing and I have loved them ever since!


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet