Originally Posted by Goob
I really want to try to keep as original as I can. BUT I suspect after less than 100 miles of getting it on the road I'm going to be frustrated with how little power it has. I live at 8600 feet elevation and very steep roads in every direction. Not a lot of options, I know. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Are you worried about going fast or getting the job done? I just moved to NY from GA. One trip probably 60K gross with a '60 International R190 semi with a 501 straight 6 and another trip probably 25-30K gross with my '51 International wrecker with a 450 straight 6. Both made it fine, but going up hills was slow especially with the semi. Get some good bright lights on the back for hazards and enjoy your truck original if you wish to....it has more than enough power to get there....speed is just the issue.

Tad


1946 Chevy OS 1.5ton, 1955 GMC 3100, along with other various IH,Ford,Nash,MGB,.....