They told me the front bumper was for ballast. The son told me his Dad put those bumpers ( full of concrete ) on because when pulling cars out of the canyon they couldn't keep the front end on the ground.
I have a gear missing a couple of teeth and a poor spoke repair. The rear bed rails are both torn up at that back. Both rear fenders are real beat up but it's such good steel I think I can repair them.
I really want to try to keep as original as I can. BUT I suspect after less than 100 miles of getting it on the road I'm going to be frustrated with how little power it has. I live at 8600 feet elevation and very steep roads in every direction. Not a lot of options, I know. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
When I get to the serious part of going back together i'll either PM you or give you a call with a list.
Nice to meet you, glad you like it.
1947 M15 Studebaker 454 4x4
1949 Chevy COE In the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix of the COE1950 Harley FL
1958 GMC LCF 455 3x2bbl
1961 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 327
1966 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 496
1961 Chevy K10 sb 292
1974 Harley FXE
1979 Chevy K10 sb
2007 Harley Streetglide
I'm not that good but I'm slow