Originally Posted by Leon
With all due respect to Truckolet, I disagree. I think a 3sp/BW OD will work well for this application. I installed one in my 55.1 3100 which I believe has the same driveline. The only mods were
- change the side cover from the stock 3sp to the new one so the shift linkage would not have to change.
- add wiring to power the OD shift solenoid
These mods are completely reversible should I sell the truck to a purist

The result is that my 60 mph cruise rpm is now 2000, right at the torque peak of the stock 235. It's much more comfortable to drive due to the lowered sound level.

I don't spend much time at 70 due the the stock brakes and my conservative nature, but the truck easily gets there when necessary to pass someone.

regards,
Leon


???? I thought I said OD trans???? The main reason its not an easy deal, either, is where are they?????????
I want one, I've been looking for a long time. Since they are so difficult to come by that makes the ring and pinion an easy change.


Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.


As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins