Ok....today's update on this beast. He removed half the shroud and put a huge shop elec fan in front blowing tons of air thru the radiator...still heats up...and way fast for some reason. Said he's never seen a motor make this much heat this fast.

One thing I forgot to tell was that early last Fall we installed a Petronix elec ignition...dunno if that would make any difference. He has run it with timing set at different degrees...and spot on but it still is making heat. Radiator is NEW copper and brass from Jim Carter. Temp drop from bottom tank to top is about 22 degrees and plenty of water flow.

My mechanic will be on these forums as soon as the Mods clear him and he can answer questions on this thread then... He's a darn good guy and honest as can be...just stumped right now.


Mark
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
Lucielle
Name after my Uncle's Wife..

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ... Will Rogers