I do know it's history. It first lived in Ysleta Texas and the people I got it from bought it in 1956 !
Mr Shellhorn has passed but I have been dealing with his wife and son for the past 5 years trying to buy this truck. Here is my introduction to the site...
"I recently purchased a 1949 Chevrolet COE 5 window with a Holmes 515E Wrecker. I have been trying to purchase this
truck for about 5 years and finally got it. It is a bone stock, well used truck that worked every road in-between Silver City and Quemado, NM
from 1956, when they purchased it, until the mid 90's. It then sat beside their Garage until two weeks ago when I bought it."
I've always wanted a COE. Didn't think I would ever have a chance to own one. It really turns my crank TOO !
They promised me this winter they would find pictures of it working back in the day
1947 M15 Studebaker 454 4x4
1949 Chevy COE In the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix of the COE1950 Harley FL
1958 GMC LCF 455 3x2bbl
1961 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 327
1966 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 496
1961 Chevy K10 sb 292
1974 Harley FXE
1979 Chevy K10 sb
2007 Harley Streetglide
I'm not that good but I'm slow