I don't want to make this more confusing but I have two concerns;
First, how does a 235 carb sit on a 216 intake manifold? I thought the bore diameters were different, as are the stud widths.

Second, you say you used the alignment rings but I thought the diameter of the intakes of a 235 were slightly larger than the 216. In fact, there are aftermarket rings with stepped down diameter for this purpose.

On my COE I used a 216 updraft manifold because it was the only non-cracked one I could find and attached it to a '58 235. I could not use the 235 alignment rings so bolted it up without any rings. No problems so far, but subsequently found the modified rings on Ebay. If I ever remove the manifold I have these ready to use.
Kent


1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix