OK, I got the motor to crank over last night. Prior to doing that here is what I did. I pulled the valve cover and inspected the valves and push rods. I lubricated everything under the valve cover. I then pulled the spark plugs and squirted some Marvel Mystery oil in each cylinder. I removed the starter and get it freed up and rotated the flywheel there. A little cumbersome but there is not a bolt on the crank pulley. To my surprise the truck is set up for a hand crank. Which I do not have.
Re-installed the starter and applied battery power. With the spark plugs out I inspected the valves and everything seems to be moving correctly as the starter turned the motor.
Here's the bad news: I did a compression check and two of the cylinders have zero compression. The other 4 have compression ranging from 80 to 105 PSI.
I will inspect to see if perhaps there is some crud that is keeping two of the valves open. I also added some additional Mystery oil to the two cylinders in question hoping that MAYBE there is a stuck ring. Not sure if that is even possible but a friend recommended trying that.
During cranking, the engine sounded normal. Meaning no grinding or clunking or metal on metal sounds like there was a broken piston rod or anything like that, so I am hoping that it is something relatively easy to correct. Like something not moving like it should yet because it has been sitting for so long.
Any other suggestions as to what may be causing this compression issue?
Thanks for the help guys. I will keep you posted as to the progress!