OK so I decided to just light it up and see what happens. I replaced the spark plugs, cleaned the points and connected a 5 gallon gas tank.

It took a few minutes to get the fuel system primed but after about 5 attempts to crank it over, she fired right up and ran on all 6 cylinders! Apperently the oil worked and loosened up whatever was stuck open!

I kept her running with my band on the throttle. After about a minute I let go expecting it to die. But she idled just fine. No oil leaks, no coolant leaks and only a small amount of fuel leaking around the carb.

Engine sounds GREAT! No knocking or ticking of any kind. I did shift her into gear and she pulled forward a few inches. Couldn't go far because of the 5 gallon gas tank.

Dump bed went IP and down with no issues.

Added fluid to the breaks and they seemed to be building and holding pressure.

No head lights or running lights. But the wiring looks pretty rough and will need to be redone.

There are a ton of things that I'm going to replace but it was a huge relief to hear her run!

Thanks to everyone here who contributed ideas about getting started.



Wreckin' Ball

I'm gonna need a bigger hammer!!!