| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,685 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 26 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 26 | I want to thank each and everyone of you for your awesome feedback and warm welcome. You have helped me see that I should treat this gem with the respect and patience it deserves. That being said I'd like to do it right and produce a numbers matching restoration. With the money I have already invested into it and I am going to do it right. Please forgive my haste. I have a predicament that I am hoping someone could help me with. I recently started the engine and after warming for a few minutes I went to let out the clutch it started running very rough and flooded. Letting it rest for some ten minutes I tried to start it again only to find it difficult and impossible to do so. I ask for some advice from friends and it was suggested to rebuild to carb. Reason being? It's 57 years o.d and had been sitting for six months and with the ethanol enhanced gas it probably had varnish and other impurities caked in it
After a complete cleaning and rebuild to spec I put the newly rebuilt unit on top of the manifold and tried to start it and wow it started right up and ran like a champ for about thirty seconds then flood city! Gas everywhere and stalled. It keeps doing the same thing. Gas pour out of the tube over the Venturi tube. Anyone have any ideas?
| | |
| |
| |