I sprayed it on rather than rolling like I've seen in the past. I saw someone on YouTube who'd sprayed it and thought I'd give it a try. But I did have issues, not with the paint itself, but with the cheap@$#% Harbor Freight gun. I never could get the paint flow quite right. Halfway through the first side, the *%$#)% fell apart! Literally!! The flow set screw came flying of the back of the gun! I had no Idea where the darned thing went so I made a mad dash back to the store to get a new one. I thought that I'd just buy the the cheaper $15 gun and just get the set screw rather than buying another $40 one because they looked just alike..... NOT!! Got home and they were totally different! Didn't want to drive back to the store so I figured I may as well try it. It was also at this point that I realized that I'd also forgot to use the water filter I'd bought the first time. Man what a lethal combination!!! The gun leaked paint like a sieve and the filter leaked water and ruined my hard work. The paint it self looked AWESOME, if you didn't look at the obvious air bubbles and the globs of dripped paint!!! (which also ruined the garage floor!!) Sanded down the bad spots and went to Home Depot and found a much better gun. shot it again with the new gun and it turned out great. No issues this time.... almost. Right at the start the threads on the plastic water filter stripped and it blew off showering the paint with Teflon tape fragments!! A quick trip to the local auto parts store solved that. They had a metal one that was perfect. The Home Depot gun worked flawlessly right out the box!!!

As far as the paint goes, I used a gallon Rustoleum Professional series gloss black thinned with 2 pints of acetone. I applied about three coats all together. There are a couple of runs I need to deal with, but overall I'm a happy camper!!


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600