It looks to me like if you tac a bar across the top of the hinge bracket and twist the back of the pocket back in alignment with the two sides of the hole behind, you could then tack them and thing would be lined back up and held in place long enough to see whats what. No?
Did I get this mockup correct?
<Mockup> That could work but as mentioned leaves a mark.
I was thinking behind the bracket as in your
inside pillar from the early post. I don't know if your truck is designed to float for adjustment purposes or not. It looks like it's 'torn loose' from the cowl there. I think moving the back will fix tthe front with no blows really needed. clamping the front in place would be good if it's where it needs to be. otherwise I'd let it move, even if it's a bit to far. But now the whole brace is inclined to move so if you can find a way to add a little support thats good!