Today I blasted cleaned and painted my axle beam with Dupli-colors natural cast iron gray. After making it look like new I delivered it to my friend at Napa to go with the rest of my parts to the machine shop tomorrow for new king pins. By next weekend the axle hubs and brakes should all be done and ready for reassembly.
I have tomorrow off so I will spend the day preparing the shop for the axle assembly and production of some tech tips with pictures.
I rebuilt my wheel cylinders,blasted and painted the backing plates bought new shoes and hardware kits.
Drums and hubs have been blasted turned and painted and all fasteners are new grade 8 cad plated.oh and the tie rod ends are new as well.

I will also be installing the right side steering Arm and building the new drag link out of an extra tie rod that will hook to the scout steering box that will give this truck power steering and better control. I will explain this all with pictures as it all goes together. I guess this thread has morphed into much more than just upgrading seals. I may have hijacked my own tread LOL

Last edited by HevyHauler; 02/17/2013 8:37 PM.

The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.
Grant from Roy, Washington
1956 6100 Chevy Dump Truck in the Gallery
1964 GMC Drump Truck in the Gallery
user
http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/56Taskforce/slideshow/