What kind of condition is your latch in? Striker? Can you see top or bottom of each to see if the latch is dragging ect.

My story: I tried and tried to get the passenger door to close tight. Like you, it would not fully close...just catching on the first click. Well, I decided what the heck and on an order from Classic Parts I got one of the little clips that goes over he existing latch. When it came I put it on and shut the door. Well, I started jumping up and down, hollering, whooping smile
The door closed tight and stayed close with just a firm push with the hand which I expected with the new windlace ect.
I still can't believe that little big put me over the top. He latch showed very little wear but evidently it was enough to keep the latch from from catching good enough to hold it.

Not saying it will fix your problem but it sure fixed me up for under 3 bucks......the rest of the story is two days later I got a nice set of latches from a fellow bolter. I do plan to switch them but for now I'm still "giddy" over how that little clip helped.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile