No, I did not put in a new carb kit, but as I said it was running fine. Funny that you mention a push rod, actually not so funny. When I got the valve cover off I immediately noticed that there was plenty of oil and then did quick scan to see if the rocker arms were all making contact with the valve ends and push rods and there it was, one push rod about an inch and half away from the rocker arm. There is almost enough clearance to pull it out but not quite and when I wiggle it around it does feel sort of bent at the bottom end. What would actually cause it to bend? Stuck lifter? I've never tore into an engine far enough to get at the lifters but I am sure that the head will have to come off. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Gazz; 01/22/2013 12:36 PM.

1950 3600
1951 4400
Gazz