I,of course,own a '55 T.F.,BUT,I LOVE 'Em ALL!! There are a lot of guys on this site who help out with tips and tricks,that benefit everyone that takes the time to read-up on the tech.stuff!! If I had about 5-acres of land,a 40'X60' fully-equipped shop,and $1,000,000.00,I'd be HAPPILY restoring every "Stovebolt",that I could get my hands on! I Love the A.D's!! But,then you have'40-'55,1st-Series-to enjoy the "A.D's!"Art-Deco's"('40-'46),and "Advance-Design,"(47-'55 1st.) I especially like the BIG G.M.C. tractors,of that era. But their look may be deceiving,as well. I guessed one as being a '38,or '39,(from the grill/body-style),to find out that it was actually a'49! I also guessed that it had a 302 engine-WRONG!! It is actually a 426 MONSTER!! I LOVE the "Cannonballs",as well! Have you taken a CLOSE look at a'55-'59 G.M.C. 860? The front sheet-metal is a dead giveaway for a T.F.,But the cabs are "Advance-Design" 5-window!! And they also have the split-windshield! AWESOME!! Some of the big G.M.C. T.F. 450's,(on up), although implementing a "Regular" T.F. cab,added corner-windows,making a 5-window T.F. cab! I'd LOVE to see one of those on a pick-up!! I Love the "Gallery",every year,every size,and every story! That's what inspires me to "Keep-On-Truckin'"!


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.