Here's some food for thought.
My truck has a lot of sentimental value. It is the only new vehicle my grandparents ever owned,I have the original invoice and cancelled check($2005.00) and I got my license in it back in 69'. I've been working at it pretty steady since I brought it home in Dec. of 2006. I'm putting down the final paint on it in the a.m., and without a single receipt for labor, I have paper in hand showing over $12,000, and it's a LONG,LONG,LONG, ways from being show quality. I've rebuilt it with the original 230 and 3 on the tree, with no A/C, powersteering, or disc brakes, or even a radio. My music is hearing the 6 sing it's song, mile after mile. I wouldn't have any problem taking off for either coast(I'm in central Kansas)and plan on driving it to Georgia in Feb. pulling a trailer with my Harley. It is either new or rebuilt from the front bumper bolts to the rear tail light lenses, and it's just the way I want it. I'd rather have this money tied up in this old truck than have a new truck in the garage. I've had a blast doing the work, met a lot of very good people, but have learned that with the proper medication and professional therapy, I'll maybe...(I said maybe), change my views someday.Until then, when you see a white stepside going down the road with the tag on the back that says "TRAMP", that's me. I can't wave, cause I have to sit on my hands to keep from waving at everyone I see I'm so happy with driving and keeping an old truck up and going. Best have plenty of spare time on your hands every time you go somewhere in it, cause when you stop for gas or a soda, there is always someone that wants to take a look or talk with you about your truck. Love the old stuff. Good luck with yours.
Tramp


dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr