I like that phrase: "better than a 20-footer,but not quite a show job". Nothing wrong with a paint job like that either, for a DD and customer desire. I used to paint fuel pumps for pickup utility tanks, but that was fairly junk painting-no sanding.

Most demanding paint job i ever did was in restoring a 56 Fender tele guitar, that had a butcher re-paint on it. I stripped it down, 30 coats of sander sealer and paint, sanding every third coat. after final coat, was down to about 1600 grit paper then buff out with a fine rouge. I did OK.... about a 5-footer, but not a 6-incher.

stripped to bare metal and painted my 1955 Lonestar aluminum boat. that is where I learned aobut the skill of a good painter, and that I am not. It was definetely a 20-footer. I admire you painters!

Brad


1952 Chevy 1/2-ton
"Me and Ol Blue/True Blue Both Born in '52"
Follow this fun story in the DITY