I'm not trying to be condescending to anyone- - - -it's just that a simple, routine job that every mechanic worthy of the name used to do as a matter of making a living every few days is suddenly getting impossible to do, and I don't understand why. Either the tools, the seals, or something has changed. The Lisle "sneaky Pete" tool made the job simpler for us, because it had several special-purpose accessories that made the job go about twice as fast as using a piece of copper wire to pull the seal through the groove, but thousands of seals got changed the old-fashioned way.
Somebody help me understand what is different now, 40 years after these seal changes were a matter of routine!
Jerry
Yeah like I stated earlier, my " Sneeky Pete " tool didn't work, that's why I did not install it. I have plenty of background working on cars and I also repair complicated $40K Dialysis Machines.
I have built this truck up from a gutted body mounted on a chassis, I'm not a begginer. Maybe the tools made today aren't what they were all those years ago when you were using them.