Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
What's the problem with getting the rope seal into the Chinese handcuff tool? The weave will open up to a dimension bigger than your thumb- - - -all you need to do is push on the weave. Just be sure not to put more than 1/2" or so of the seal into the weave, as it must be pulled through the block far enough to release it after the seal is installed. The seal is at least an inch longer than necessary so it can be trimmed flush after it's packed into place.

I cannot understand why people have so much trouble making rope seals work. It's basic shade tree mechanic work that untold thousands of do-it-yourself farmers and tinkerers did for decades. I've installed dozens of them, and made money doing it! Maybe we're just too spoiled by precision-fit parts to dig in and get the job done these days!
Jerry

Then the handcuff I bought was broke, because I tried every which way and it would not grab onto the rope seal. I would have installed the rope seal if I could get the handcuff puller to work. I'm not spoiled, and I have " Dug in " plenty with this headache of an engine. Please don't insult my intelligence, I'm not an idiot. I have received a lot of useful advice from you and have appreciated it, no need to get all condescending on me. I don't just ask questions from you guys, I try to do my research first. Thanks for the reply's