Hi all,

I think I've fixed the problem, and I wanted to follow-up in case anyone else has this problem in the future. I ordered a carb rebuild kit, and when I took the carb off, I noticed hairline cracks in the insulator/spacer. I rebuilt the carb, and re-installed it with the new spacer. I also left off the base gasket, because I found a post here somewhere from a guy with an NOS 3211s like mine that came with instructions to NOT use a gasket.

I bolted everything back together, and I'm getting a pretty steady needle at 15 in/mg, maybe bouncing half an inch (pressure, not distance) either way.

I then called Patrick about out his 264 cam to see if the 15 in/mg was normal, and he said he wouldn't worry.

The truck seems to run pretty well now, I'm going to take it to work tomorrow on it's first voyage more than around the neighborhood. Here goes nothing!

Thank again to everyone here for the tuning and vacuum reading tips.

Vince