Afternoon to you all, My name is Jerry Adams and I am located in SouthEastern Virginia, I am a long time avid Antique Vehicle Fanatic. Always loved to watch them in parades, check them out in museums, and learn what I can, when I can. Graned I am a 'youngin' by most standrds, I still have the Passion.
Being a fan of the antiques for a long time now, I have always enjoyed looking at, reading about, and checking them out whnever I could. Always thought it would be cool to own one, in its original state. Granted the Hot Rods are cool, but the originality and simplicity of the original state has always intrigued me. I have scanned the classifieds, the online ads and auctions, in general jsut seeing what is out there not being in a rush to get anything. Recently gcame across an ad for a 1930 Chevrolet Universal AD - Canopy Express Truck/ Huckster partially restored and it caught my attention. Was unique in a way all its own. So I contacted the seller and inquired...
Well after a few weeks of working with the seller, finding and setting up transport, and getting all the ducks in a row, the truck was finally delivered Yesterday afternoon !! It is now it it's new home, My garage
Few pictures attached below of the delivery and unloading.
My plan is to restore it to a factory original state within my limits and capabilities. Hopefully with some guidance and direction from my new friends of the local AACA Chapter here, and My New online Friends (You Guys) I will get this knocked out. I am in no rush to get this done, but would like to work on it steadily and patiently.
Now to figure out where to start. My plan is to catalog and take inventory of what I have on hand. While i do some research and try to figure out HOW this thing goes together. As it is currently in pieces. Once I have an inventory I would liket ot dry fit everything together to see what i have, what i need, and what needs to be done. Then I can start to disassemble, fix, work, replace, or repair parts that need attention. then completely reassemble the truck and do the fine detail work. I know, I Know it will take lots of time, and of course $$ MONEY $$, and LOADS of PATIENCE and homework. I plan on being around a while, and enjoy it once it is complete.
Any and all feedback, support, guidance, reference, information would be greatly appreciated !! have not had much luck finding a lot of info on any of these.
If you have any questions, feel free to post or PM me. I will do my best to keep you guys updated on the progress with pictures, of course.
Here is the Truck being loaded & unloadaed on the Transport:
Huckster: Transport Here are some shots in the Garage:
Huckster: 2012-06-06