| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,231 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Harold, not SURE about the 46 but I think they are like my 52panel... and I think my 37 is this way to.
Your right in that it appears to be a "rolled bead". The rubber wiper fights into that "bead". The bead does have a slit in it. On my panel there is a little "break" right in the middle where I can get one end in it and then pull it all the way through until the other end gets there and then you pull it back the other way to where you want it. Most of the time I think I have had to cut off a little bit. The rubber comes in a big spool and the vendors cut it to length and probably give us an extra inch.
I THINK my 37, and possibly your 46, does not have that little "break" in the metal "bead" but you can pull it in from the end......since the entire metal door panel will come of to w here you can see and get to it. To get the old out just push/cut/gouge...you get the picture.
Say hi to Billie.
Last edited by Achipmunk; 06/11/2012 2:28 AM.
| | |
| |
| |