I've looked at a few topics and can't seem to get the questions answered on this as of yet.
I've been told by all my friends (who like me) that I should change the single master cylinder brake setup I have on the '60 GMC to a dual cylinder setup.
As I understand it this would seperate the front and rear brake system into 2 different sets of lines so that if one wheel cyclinder fails, I would not lose brakes to all 4 wheels. Sounds like a great idea!
I will "assume" that this will require a valve of some sort to send differents amounts of pressure to the brake systems.
However, I do not know what to ask for in a dual master cylinder or what year. Or any other parts for that matter. I read "Cletis's" write up,
http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/master_cylinder/index.html on a change over but am unsure if this can be done on my '60 GMC. Has any of the members made the change and can you give some pointers?
Thanks
Jake