I don't know how either system works, but since this truck has a compressor, I didn't think it used a hydrovac, unless hydrovac was a brand and not a descriptive name with vacuum use. Gas engines produce vacuum to use a vacuum system diesels don't produce enough vacuum so air pressure is required, basically it's push rather than pull. Being a tractor it's intended use is to pull trailers and they need air.

I was wondering about the button assembly needing cleaning or the contacts need replacing. With the oil filter located directly above the starter something has to be moved..... unfortunately.

I was going to try to turn the engine over by hand. If it's not stuck it should move. I hope.

I haven't taken the truck off the trailer yet. I was hoping to get it running so I could move it around my driveway as needed. Having bought the truck from uncle sam, you get paperwork to obtain a title and you must bring the truck to the DMV for the VIN inspection to get a title. If I drive it there it costs for trip permits and insurance. That's why it's still on the trailer and unable to rock it as suggested. It's a pain to work on being up so high but the trailer provides a nice platform to crawl under it on.


Last edited by k9trucker; 04/01/2012 3:28 AM.