My 450 COE started life as a road tractor as well. They appear to be set up a lot alike. Your 205v should have the following ratios:
1- 7.58:1, 2- 4.38:1, 3- 2.40:1, 4- 1.48:1, 5- direct. My 207vo has a .86 OD in fifth. Your rear with the 6.50-9.04 ratios should be an Eaton 16600 electric shifted two speed, same as mine. The 5.57-7.75 would likely have been in a diesel truck.
I'm running 8.25-20 tires. I have seen 60 on the speedometer. The engine was turning 3200+ rpm. If you're unfamiliar with these old trucks,3000 sounds like the lid is about to come off with the fan noise, etc. I can't imagine 3800.
Give me a shout when/ if you need any help finding parts. I wrote down all the part numbers that I've used and I might be able to save you some steps on chasis/brake items.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2094988510106941429dMCLOf

By the way I added a picture Spanky sent me of my truck, "back in the day", in it's former life as a road tractor.
Scott

Last edited by Scott's50; 03/26/2012 12:33 AM.

1947, 1950, & 1952 Chevrolet 1/2 ton
1952 GMC 450 series Cab Over Engine
1946 Chevrolet 2 Ton