| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,437 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#83962 10/11/2007 2:57 AM | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 | Actually the differential is fine, the oil was a consistant dirty grey. The transmission fluid on the other hand was creamy white/brown with about a cup of a lighter weight rusty substance I take to be water. That stuff appears to separate to the top. After that I ran some light weight oil through to clean it up some before I refill it for good. Tomorrow I'm going to O'Reilly for some Lucas.
Now that I think about it. This truck may have been flooded in the flood of '93 here in St. Louis. I think the previous owner said that he had to move alot of stuff due to that. That could explain water in the transmission. | | |
| |
| |