| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,437 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#83957 10/09/2007 3:38 PM | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 | I'm changing the differential and transmission oil in my '46. I was thinking about adding the Lucas additive to the transimission after reading some old posts on the subject. I went to NAPA but didn't see any Lucas product specifically for differentials. Maybe they were out of stock.
Anyway, what should I look for and what ratio would I use for a 4spd? The book says the refill will take 5.5 pints and I've already drained about 6. If I'm not mistaken that extra .5 looked like rusty water, how would that get in there? What's your take?
Kyle | | |
| |
| |