Originally Posted by LonnieC
> I see that you cut out the top of a valve cover to contain the oil while checking and adjusting your valves.
I purchased a used cover at a swap meet for a few bucks, that’s why I had no problem cutting it up.
There is not much oil dripping off the rockers at idle, you may only have to dam the rear near the firewall if you choose not to use an open cover.

Originally Posted by LonnieC
> Also - did you torque the head before adjusting the valves,
A while back I found a small coolant leak dripping off the head near the firewall.
I posted a question in the forum and It was suggested by Pre '68 Dave to try re-torqueing the head bolts.
I did the re-torque and the leak stopped.
Then I re-adjusted valves the after the re-torque, again suggested by Pre '68 Dave