Gus -

Thanks for posting the videos and before-and-after sounds.

> I see that you cut out the top of a valve cover to contain the oil while checking and adjusting your valves. How much splash and dribble do you think that it will make in my engine bay if I don't use a similar baffle when adjusting and checking the movement of my valves? I'm reluctant to chop off the top of my spare valve cover for what will probably be a one-time job. FYI - I will clean the engine afterwards to prep for painting the engine.

> Also - did you torque the head before adjusting the valves, as directed in the Shop Manual? The head and gasket are good on my truck. Not looking to cause a problem if none exists.

It's probably evident that I've never adjusted solid lifter valves before. And only played with hydrolic lifter valves once - and that was on a 327 in 1965.


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all