Hi guys,

My truck has been running excellent for the past year since I got it running...until last night, it started to make a pinging, or tapping, noise while driving. It progressively got louder and louder until I got it home, now it's parked until I can find the time to tinker with it to see what the issue is.
It shows up very audibly if I put the truck under load, like going up a hill. Just idling, I don't hear it at all, even if I rev it. Definitely not a low end clunk, so I don't think its a bearing...it's a tapping, sounds like something small...definitely a metallic sound. My best guess is a stuck lifter, or my rocker arms need adjustment, but I don't really know, as I am still new to the hobby. Seeing how it's not a daily driver, I don't mind having to take apart the engine until I find what it is, but, was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to what to look out for when i take apart the engine.

The truck is a 61 by the way, with its original 235.

Thanks!

Last edited by Adam61; 01/16/2012 2:23 AM.