I went out and bled the master cylinder again
[img]
http://inlinethumb20.webshots.com/11539/2959362960100058208S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
A few bubbles were present, but I think that was probably just the air in the tubes I hooked up. I reattached the lines and it feels about the same, maybe slightly better. One thing I did notice, though, was a hissing sound when I depressed the pedal quickly. It kinda sounded like it was coming from the front of the m/c by where the plunger goes in. I took off the rubber boot and the rod isn't going in exactly straight, possibly pushing the piston to one side a little more than the other. I will try to rework the rod and move it about 3/4" to the right. I don't know if this will make a difference. The "hiss-like" sound could have also been the fluid squirting up into the m/c lid. I'm just not sure. I think Since there is a good possibility of air in the lines somewhere I will do this:
-Straighten out the rod and reattach
-Push all the fluid out of the lines and start over using a different method
-First I will bench bleed the m/c and reattach lines
-Put fluid in the reservoirs
-Have a helper open one of the bleeder screws
-Depress pedal and then have helper close bleeder screw
-Let pedal go back
-Open bleeder screw and repeat until fluid starts to come out
-Repeat on all four wheels
*I just though of this, but does it sound logical to open the bleeder screws on both the rear wheel cylinders because they are both off the same line? I could also do this on the front.
I would try the method suggested by resojoe, but I think my master cylinder has a valve built in that will prevent the fluid from coming back into the cylinder from the wheel cylinders and brake lines.