| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (JW51, Gdads51, 52Carl, TrknGMC, Leo, texas46, 1 invisible),
193
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,181 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 237 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 237 | I got lucky with my 1941 1 Ton Pickup. After doing my parts research I found that the 1941 1 Ton had basically the same front end parts as the 1/2 & 3/4 ton pick ups of that same year.
I gambled and ordered a 1/2 ton disc brake set from Jim Carter.
Lo and behold it bolted right up. I am using an original 17 inch 6 lug wheel to keep everything original.
Some people might question the use of a 1/2 ton disk brake on a 1 ton truck but my feeling is that anything is better than the old drum units.
I also went to a firewall mounted booster and dual chamber master cylinder.
When my rear end was built I added larger drum brakes and a 3.73 rear end. Gives me 70 mph at 2,000 rpm. | | |
| |
| |