It is confusing even to me, I've been down a number of paths and none worked out perfect.

Here are my most up to date and best organized thoughts.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=725027#Post725027

This post in same thread covers single wheel 1 ton's
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=725071#Post725071

Main problem with the outlined plan is the axle is still to wide.... 7.35" wider than an original AD 1 ton. Some of that could be made up for with inset wheels, and some wider is OK, there's a little room.
As mentioned in the post you could narrow an axle and I've provided the best and simplest way to do it that I can think of but it's not an easy task no matter how you go about it.

I'll be doing a version of this with my truck but I already have a narrowed axle that should make it work out for me.

Sorry I don't have a perfect solution for everyone.

There are numerous threads and ideas (some mine) on using stock axle, spindle, and hub just adapt a rotor and fabricate a caliper bracket. It's been done and it is an OK solution but somehow I don't like it all that much. It's still not a solution for everyone unless someone makes/sells a kit.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-