I have not posted in some time. I own a 1954 3100 which I am restoring as a project for me and a first vehicle for my daughter.
I'm going to be searching these forums for information on specific jobs I'll be attempting. I will be on a limited budget, so if anyone has information I could use... please point me to the proper forums?
First I will be re-wiring the electrical system. To ensure it is fully functional.
Once I have completed electrical I will be tackling replacing the manual shift 3 on the tree with an automatic tranny.
Next I'll be looking to replace the rear end and front drum brakes with 5 lug and front disks.
Lastly I'll be doing other various small jobs such as putting in new bed wood and replacing many of the existing parts with newer.
My plan is to turn the truck into a fully functioning and comfortable ride for my daughters first vehicle.
She is 14 and will have a couple years till she's driving. So I have a bit of time to accomplish.
Please feel free to contact me if you can provide me with useful information or links to places in the forums where details have been listed.
Hope to hear from you all soon!!!
Mike