So.... after re-tracing every FRIKKEN wire today, I found the GD new LMC wiring harness had wires inserted backwards in the 3-prong connector for the Ign Switch, so the START-IGN1-IGN2 wires where wrong... So I switched them around, re-checked that I get 9V at the coil with key on, then 12V when the foot-pedal is depressed and starter is cranked. Tried to start it again - a few weak fires...but it still wouldn't start.
Re-checked TDC, wires, firing order. Tried again - nothing.
Re-checked points - gapped to 0.16. Even checked with Oghmeter - timing is dead-on. Tried again - fired a few times, but nothing more.
Pulled the carb off and rebuilt it even!! I wasn't going to as the truck used to run fine, but what the hell... Put it back on....again, nothing more than a few fires.
Re-torqued the plugs, checked spark on #2 and #6, decided to use ETHER....which got it to fire for a bit, then I got a carb fire, threw the ether can across the shop, muffed out the carb fire with my gloves and said: "FLOCK IT". (Excuse my language).
The owners had the engine 'professionally' rebuilt and delivered to my shop, so I can't speak for it...but I'm wondering if the timing sprockets where set right....
Any suggestions?
Last edited by EtekRestos; 12/09/2011 2:39 AM.