Originally Posted by FriedGreenTmater
OK I made a leap and clicked on your site. I've been gone from stovebolt for almost three hours. Great job on the 56 restoration.

Thank you sir! I've got a lot of interests, but resto would be my main one now....

Anyways, we finally got the thing RUNNING!! The owners SIL came over (trucker, all-around-good-guy) and I went through it all with him, changed the points to .19 (why not!) and then cranked it again. We got a little firing again, so this time he poured a LOT more gas in the carb. I was totally surprised it didn't just FLOOD, but it went off! It burned out the engine fogging [censored], which is likely why it was so hard to start.
Anyways, it ran for about 15 seconds while we poured gas in the carb, but it wouldn't suck fuel. Pulled the pump off and decided it needed new guts - so we left it at that for now.
Later on I took a bunch of photo's of the truck and my wife (ex-model), then the last box of small parts showed up from UPS.

Now I'll be able to finish off the fine details, get 'er running nice and give it back to the owner for Xmas - with some nice photo's to boot!

56 Chevy truck and Mrs E-tek

Thanks a LOT for your help boys - very much appreciated!


Last edited by EtekRestos; 12/10/2011 3:36 AM.