I looked through the Roe book for the B carb, and it has every piece of information you would need except the CFM. The book does list numerous tips to improve the B, and it also states that it was a very good carb except for 1949, the first production year, when there was a problem with the air horn flange warping.
I liked the story, Jon, I also have the Weber book and agree that it is the best for the theory.
The carbs that I would think would be the most fun to put on the Chevy six, would be three variable venturi Strombergs or SUs. That would make people look twice and would probably make a nice driving machine.
Bob


55 Cameo 396 TH 400 with overdrive
65 Caliente conv
67 BB Caliente conv
67 Mercury 1 Ton
76 GMC 3/4 ton 454ci
84 Buick Turbo Regal