"I contacted the carb shop and was told that edlebrock does not make a 2 bbl unit?

Any thoughts?"

I don't think it was our shop who told you this, but I also am unaware if edelbrock ever sold a two-barrel under their name.

As to the 500 CFM Holley two-barrel: several years ago, we thought these would be an excellent inexpensive replacement for the 2 barrel WWC Stromberg on the larger GMC trucks. We had some special adapters machined (the WWC has a trapezoidal flange, not rectangular), and acquired a bunch of the Holleys. Memory says we sold about 15 of them, and every single one FAILED IN SERVICE within a three month period. Several with major leaks, the others with broken choke mechanisms (this was about the time Holley went to the plastic choke brackets). We had to eat the cost of every one, so guess I am not too fond of these units. These were all NEW, not rebuilt units.

Now we suggest repairing the original Strombergs.

Holley did make some EXCELLENT 2 barrel carbs for trucks (852 series and 885 series); but these are governored and quite expensive.

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop