Hi All. It's been a long time since I've been on the site because, to be honest I've been out enjoying the fruits of my labor. I've been driving the wheels off my '50 1/2 ton project. But now I need a little advice.
Several years ago when I was piecing together the driveline, I hopped up the 235 engine and installed a T-5 transmission along with a brake booster kit. With the brake booster in the original location, I had to do something other than use the original mechanical clutch and throw-out bearing. I was convinced the best approach was to use a hydraulic TO bearing from Howe Racing and mount the clutch master cylinder next to the braker master cylinder. It ran great for nearly 4 years, but I recently lost one of the seals in the TO bearing and had to tear everything out to fix it. Not a big deal, just part of the truck ownership. But now I cannot get the clutch to bleed.
So, before I push the truck into the corner and leave it there, I want to get some input on my options, with the caveat that the budget is very tight. Can I easily change this setup to a hydraulic slave cylinder setup to get the hydraulics out of the bellhousing? Can I effectively move this brake booster to the firewall? What are others using for the clutch with a brake booster?