| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53),
236
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 2,766 Carburetion specialist | | Carburetion specialist Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 2,766 | Assuming you have the original Rochester carb:
Q-Jets as a general rule have no personality. They either work or they don't. Also, the engine should run BETTER, not worse, under damp cooler conditions (more oxygen).
Possibilities:
Partially clogged fuel filter Partially clogged fuel sock in tank Ignition Icing (rare with a large 8, but it does occur, particularly if headers and/or aftermarket aircleaner)
If the "dry gas" (alcohol) is helping, I would try a tank of gasoline from a different source. Here is Missouri the humidity often exceeds the temperature, and I have not ever needed (in fact avoid) the alcohol in over 40 years of driving.
Jon. Good carburetion is fuelish hot airThe most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify. If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!The Carburetor Shop | | | |
Entire Thread
|
A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Salinaz | 03/22/2004 11:43 AM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Alan Horvath | 03/22/2004 1:52 PM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| carbking | 03/22/2004 2:18 PM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Salinaz | 03/22/2004 11:13 PM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| arnswine... | 03/23/2004 1:12 AM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Salinaz | 03/27/2004 10:58 AM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| ChevyAsylum | 03/27/2004 4:05 PM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| gusc | 03/29/2004 6:02 AM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Rickcapt | 03/30/2004 1:24 AM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Salinaz | 04/01/2004 9:10 PM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Alan Horvath | 04/01/2004 10:05 PM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Salinaz | 04/04/2004 11:04 AM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| gusc | 04/04/2004 9:33 PM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Alan Horvath | 04/04/2004 10:02 PM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Mechainiac | 04/05/2004 12:40 AM |
Re: A Problem, I Think its the Carb
| Salinaz | 04/05/2004 10:53 AM | |
| |
| |