| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,717 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 | Your Burb tank is several times more expensive than for the trucks so it may be worth going the cleaning and coating route. I tried this with my tank using rocks and secured to a tractor wheel. Eventually it came clean. If I would have gone ahead and purchased the coating I would have had as much in chemicals as a new tank would coat. I decided to cut my losses and purchased a new tank but it was only about $150 shipped to me.
In retrospect I would not try to salvage an old tank again but if the new one was $500 I might have to re-think that.
Chuck I'm with Chuck on this. If I can find a good used on, I will lean towards the new one. | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| Jon_S | 08/24/2011 4:06 PM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| Hookalatch | 08/24/2011 4:24 PM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| GrandpasTruck | 08/24/2011 4:50 PM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| Tiny | 08/24/2011 5:40 PM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| homer52 | 08/24/2011 6:05 PM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| Achipmunk | 08/24/2011 9:35 PM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| homer52 | 08/24/2011 11:04 PM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| Lightholder's Dad | 08/25/2011 12:03 AM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| Builder | 08/24/2011 6:35 PM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| GMONIZ | 08/24/2011 8:25 PM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| Jon_S | 08/25/2011 3:07 AM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| GMONIZ | 08/25/2011 3:33 AM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| Tiny | 08/25/2011 1:58 PM |
Re: Gas tank renewal, repair or replace???
| Weeds | 08/28/2011 1:21 PM | |
| |
| |