Tango, no experience with your model but about the "repops" I an attest that most of them are much much thinner metal and lighter weight in general...right down to the bolt kits.

Some of the fit problems comes from years and years of these old trucks being twisted and banged up while working the fields crossing over terraces and small gully's. So, its not unusual to have to finess them to work. (I just did my 52) but the quality sucks!

Now, the one I got for my 37 was pretty good but hey, when you pay for stainless steel you surely expect it to be better.
In both my cases I would have had then chromed but they were banged up.... or missing, AND finding a REAL chrome shop around here is almost impossible unless you drive many miles.

I have seen some of my friends and some bolter buddies pay from $450 up to $650 for the big 46's style grilles. It amy also depend on what part of the country you live in.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile