Yes, there is a piece of dense foam rubber 10" long under the brace stating at the tie plate and extending out on either side.
Hood is black E-coat on the under side and as Tim mentioned, oversprayed with body color. I imagine that as the hood came down the paint line the painter would come up under with a pass to catch the bottom edges and the over spray would mist the black ecoat. The underside of the hood was not intentionally painted the body color. Also a lot depended on the painter that was handling the gun that day, everyone probably had a different idea of how much time to spend under the edges. one might spay it with a slow wide fan which would overspray a bunch and another might spray it with a fast narrow spray which only left a minimum of overspray. Which kind are you????
I would sure like to see how the hoods, or any of the parts were supported at the factory as they moved down the production line. I've only seen a couple of pictures of the body parts coming off the line but none as they were actually being sprayed. I know the cabs were mounted on a dolly the moved along on a narrow rail track and I've seen the fenders coming down a convayer line.
Anyone with pictures PLEASE, post them or link to them...
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL