Yes guys, that's just an over spray, in the right light you can see thru it to the black E-coat. As I said, it probably depended on the painter, if he had enough time and felt like it he probably shot a little extra under the edges which deposited a little extra under the hood.
I also found when removing the fenders that they had apparently been bolted up to the bed side before it was painted as an assembly. I also found a trace of green washed over the area where the fender would have gone. This leads me to believe that a lot of the bed sides were pre-painted the standard green and held in stock that way. If another color was called for then the bed was painted with the fenders installed.

Foam I would get from McMaster Carr, it's available in tons of densities and thicknesses. It only seems logical to me that the stiffener would have been spot welded to the center rib, the foam installed and then the outer section of the stiffener would have had the two rivets installed. I don't know just how you could get the foam in place with out removing the rivets so you could open up the gap.

No body said it was gonna be easy!

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL



Denny G
Sandwich, IL