....when building my 37 I put two pretty nasty scratches on it. one was on the top rail of the bed next to the cab on the passenger side, all the way to the metal...the other was a pretty nice scratch on the driver side fender.
Well, I finally touched up the one on the bed after 6 or 7 years, and halfway cleaned up the one ont the fender. I left them so that I remember that even being as careful as I was even I messed up.
So, at shows I do let folks look it over, crawl under it and let the kids get their pictures taken. The running boards have some real small scratches or two but maybe one day, before I die, I'll do a repaint on it and donate it to a museum..NOT, its going to my daughter who will drive the hell out of it just the way I do. I fixed it once... .I can do it again, even better now

So, to each his own. I build'em, I drive'em and I enjoy them. In fact, I just let my nephew drive the 37 to his house and told him to drive it some!!.... but have it back in a week or two. hehehe