I'm planning to put a '59 cab onto a '77 frame on a future project. The '77 wheel base is about 3.5" longer than the '59 so I'd like to stretch the cab that amount to gain some leg room. I'm not too tall to fit in but I do have some back problems so a little extra room helps. I haven't found any sources of detailed instructions for doing something like this. I'm just an amateur but I like challenges. My plan is to add the 3.5" just behind the door from the drip rail down and to put it near the middle on the roof. I've seen where people have added length by stretching the doors but I think that might be more difficult. I have a wrecked 55.2 panel that I can cut pieces out of to splice in. Any advice from people who have done this will be appreciated. Also, if you can point me to any good sources of info on the web or any books that would help. Thanks again for your help.

Jeff


'64 swb stepside (gone)
'57 1 ton
'53 phone truck
'59 swb
'46 1 1/2 ton
'68 swb gmc