Originally Posted by rick52
Thanks for the help..

I have an original front and what I beleive to be an original rear bumper. What I found is that the front bumper is the same as the pickups including the 54 that I have. The rear bumper has is more curved in at the ends to fit closer to the body lines. I have a number of pickup front and rear brackets and none of them fit correctly to the frame width.

My plan at this point is to modify a rear set of pickup brackets and fabricate a filler panel using a hammerform.

Whether it is true or not I find Ricks mention of the curve on the rear bumper quite interesting. After installing my fiberglass valance I thought "why does there look to be to much gap between it and the valance on the end". I am always "suspectful" of stuff like this and we may never know the real truth as the parts books may have called for only one replacement??
Still its interesting at all the observations from Bolters and makes for interesting thoughts.

...and yes yes yes, the rear bumper brakcets are different on the panels as has been discussed...and the bumpers are the same front/back on panels. I just put a set on.
Mmm, now about the curver on the rear bumper smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile